Monett R-1 Mission
(why we exist)
The purpose of the Monett R-1 School District is to prepare students for their future.
We are student focused - future driven
(what we want to become)
- The district will ensure that all students perform at or above state and national standards.
- The district will ensure all students will graduate and pursue a career or post-secondary educational path.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED STAFF
FACILITY and RESOURCES
- The district will employ and retain motivated faculty and staff who are student focused and constantly pursuing best-practices.
- The district will provide safe, clean, and effective settings that foster learning
- The district will provide current instructional resources.
PARENT and COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- The district will partner with families, businesses and the community and promote their active engagement in the educational process.
LEADERSHIP and GOVERNANCE
- The school board will set student-focused policy and provide supportive leadership.
- The administration will facilitate a collaborative climate focused on student learning.
(how we will become the school in our vision)
HIGHLY QUALIFIED STAFF
- Develop and implement a pre-K to 12th grade at-risk plan through the use of an at-risk vertical team (student identification, plans for support, transition planning, etc...)
- Faculty will work with all students to set, monitor and achieve short term and long term goals.
- Provide opportunities to expose all students to college bound or career exploration experiences.
- Offer advanced and/or enrichment opportunities to students.
- Develop and implement a rigorous and relevant curriculum based on state and national standards.
FACILITY AND RESOURCES
- Provide on-going professional development for all faculty and staff members to build positive student relationships and implement best practices.
- Provide an effective mentor/advisor experience for new faculty.
- Provide a competitive salary schedule and benefits package for all faculty and staff.
PARENT AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Conduct an annual evaluation of facility and grounds to identify needs (survey and visual inspection)
- Formulate and implement a facility maintenance and improvement plan based on the results of the evaluation - quarterly review.
- Provide up-to-date resources that enhance curriculum and instruction.
- Develop and implement a financial plan to support facility/resource needs.
- Develop and implement a plan to gather community input from all stakeholders.
- Enhance and increase school district communication with all stakeholders.
- Involve and provide support for parents to be active participants in their children's education.
- Partner with community and businesses to promote post-secondary awareness.
- Establish parent involvement activities that engage parents to help support student achievement.
LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE
- Provide opportunities for all faculty and staff members to be meaningful participants in the decision-making process.
- Develop and implement the Professional Learning Community model.
- Encourage participation in training opportunities in effective board practices for board members.
- Require administrators to participate in professional development opportunities to achieve district and building goals.