WELCOME TO MONETT R-1 SCHOOL DISTRICT!
October 27th Early Dismissal Bus Pick-up Schedule:
11:45 a.m. - Monett Intermediate School
11:50 a.m. - Central Park Elementary School
12:00 p.m. - Monett Elementary School
12:15 p.m. - Monett Middle School
12:15 p.m. - Monett High School*
12:15 p.m. - Scott Regional Technology Center*
*Monett High School and Scott Tech students will be dismissed at 12:10 p.m.
Welcome to Monett R-1 School District!
At the October Board of Education meeting Monett Elementary First Grade Teachers - Mrs. Jessica Brockman, Mrs. Becky Godsey, and Ms. Emily Hanson presented a very informative program on Project Based Learning:
Press Release from Dr. Brad Hanson, Superintendent:
The Monett R-1 School District Board of Education has named Sarah Garner as the new Monett Elementary School Principal for the 2017-18 school year. This announcement comes in conjunction with the announcement of the current MES principal’s (Susie Gasser) announcement that she will retire at the end of this school year. Mrs. Garner has served as the assistant principal at Monett Elementary School for the past nine years and obviously has built a great rapport with the staff, parents, and students in that building.
Atypical of usual procedures in principal searches for the Monett R-1 School District, the Board of Education chose to promote Mrs. Garner without opening the position. “Mrs. Garner has been a valued leader within our district administrative team for the past nine years. She has been instrumental, along with her partnership with Susie Gasser, in leading Monett Elementary School forward in efforts to always be “Student Focused” and “Future Driven,” stated Ken Gaspar, Board of Education President. “Sarah’s passion for educating our youngest students and her past record of exemplary service within our school district made this a very easy decision.”
Prior to moving to Monett in 2008, Mrs. Garner taught for thirteen years in the Pulaski County, Virginia, and Joplin, Missouri, area. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Radford University in Radford, Virginia, in 1994, her Master’s Degree in Educational Administration from William Woods University in 2003, and her Educational Specialist’s Degree from Arkansas State University in 2015.
About her selection as Monett Elementary School principal, Mrs. Garner stated, “Monett Elementary is an exciting place. I look forward to working with an exceptional staff and energetic students. As a school community, we have made positive changes under Susie Gasser's leadership.”
I look forward to continuing on with the goals of personalized authentic instruction for all students. I appreciate the support of the Monett District as I move into this new role.”
Mrs. Garner lives in Monett with her husband Steve and their three sons: Colin, Aaron, and Jason.
Mrs. Garner will assume her new duties on July 1, 2017. The search for her new assistant will begin immediately.
2016-17 Ozarks Youth Basketball League
- Signups for 3rd through 6th grade boys and girls will take place from October 3-November 19th!
- League games will take place in January and February.
- Players will be put on teams of their same age group and play games against other schools including McDonald County, Seneca, East Newton, and Neosho!
- Forms will be sent home from your child's classroom teacher and can be turned into the school office, your child's teacher, or to the high school office!
- Please include your league fee ($30 per player) with your child's form!
***Attention Kindergartner, 1st, and 2nd Grade Parents!***
Your child is invited to participate in our 2nd Annual Winter Warm-Up Basketball Clinics
- Clinics will focus on teaching skills of basketball to beginners including learning to dribble, pass, shoot, and play defense. Youth in attendance will have the opportunity to work with high school coaches and current high school players!
- Dates for the Winter Warm-Up are Saturday November 5th and Saturday November 19th.
Times for each age group are below:
November 5th & November 19th: Girls (10-11 AM), Boys (12-2 PM)
Both clinic dates will take place at Monett High School
- All clinics are free of charge! Please fill out the flier that was sent home with your child. Flyers can be turned into your child's teacher, the MES office, or the high school office.
- Deadline to register is Wednesday November 2nd
District Vision/Plan on a Page
The district will promote the personalization of teaching and learning to maximize student academic growth and success beyond high school.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED STAFF
The district will attract, employ, and retain motivated faculty and staff who are committed to personalizing learning for all students.
FACILITY and RESOURCES
The district will provide safe, clean, and effective settings that foster learning.
The district will provide current instructional resources.
PARENT and COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
The district will partner with families, businesses, and the community to promote active engagement to support the personalization of learning for all students.
LEADERSHIP and GOVERNANCE
The school board will set student-focused policy and provide supportive leadership.
The administration will facilitate a collaborative climate focused on personalized student success.
Download Monett R-1 App