Welcome to Monett R-1 School District!
Tonight's Kick-off Re-set
Monett High School announced that it has pushed back the kickoff of the football game this evening against Seneca to 7:30 p.m. Due to the extreme temperatures, the school felt that the additional time would aid in player safety.
Successful Blended Summer School Report Presented at Board Meeting
Lauralie Powell, Technology Integration Specialist, and Josh Carter, CPE teacher, along with Kimmy Long (4th grade) and Matthew Bahl (6th grade) pictured at center, presented information to the Board regarding the first year of blended elementary summer school.
Monett Elementary Presents Program to BOE
Matt Houck (standing), the District Community Care Coordinator, and Becky Potter (seated at right), MES Teacher, shared information with the Board regarding the success of their Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) program. BOE President, Doug Childress, and BOE member, J.D. Roberts look on; Patty Leach, BOE Secretary, in background.
Student Recognition at Board of Education Meeting
National Speech& Debate/FBLA Finalists from
Monett High School
: (l. to r.):
Cale Harper, 4th Place in the Nation (Storytelling),
Tarek Masri, National Semifinalist Student Congress
Hunter Williams, National Runner Up - FBLA Emerging Business Issues
Not present: Jonah Ragsdale, National Runner Up - FBLA Emerging Business Issues and 6th Place in the Nation - Extemporaneous Debate
MIS/MMS FEMA Shelter Walls Go Up!
New Burl Fowler Stadium Grand Opening
The Grand Opening for the New Burl Fowler Stadium will be on Friday, August 22. Monett will host the Seneca Indians.
The Monett Athletic Boosters along with the school district will host a combined tailgate before the game. The tailgate will run between 5-6:30 pm. We will serve until we run out of food. We plan on providing 500 hamburgers, 500 hotdogs, chips and drinks.
We invite all alumni that have participated in Football, Soccer, Cheerleading, and Band to come and stand on the field to be recognized before the game during our ribbon cutting ceremony.
Alumni need to sign up at the tailgate for free admission to the game. After signing up, you will receive instructions for the opening ceremonies.
The Ribbon Cutting will take place after the teams leave the field at 6:35pm.
We will have Burl Fowler Stadium Tours during the week of the game. This will give the community an opportunity to walk on the field and to get a close-up look at the new facility.
We will offer 4 tours:
Wednesday, August 20, 12:00 pm
Wednesday, August 20, 7:00 pm
Thursday, August 21, 8:00 am
Thursday, August 21, 7:00 pm
Dr. Brad Hanson, Superintendent, Announces New Theme for the Year: "Under Construction"; Challenges Faculty and Staff
Challenge yourself to construct “better” and “different” customized learning experiences for all students by:
Focusing first on the foundation,
Improving means of formative assessment that truly informs and directs future instruction,
Focus on being a general contractor who facilitates and supports the customized learning of students by utilizing the expertise of all.
Monett R-1 Mission
(why we exist)
The purpose of the Monett R-1 School District is to prepare students for their future.
We are student focused – future driven
(what we want to become)
- The district will ensure that all students perform at or above state and national standards.
- The district will ensure all students will graduate and pursue a career or post-secondary educational path.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED STAFF
FACILITY and RESOURCES
- The district will employ and retain motivated faculty and staff who are student focused and constantly pursuing best-practices.
- The district will provide safe, clean, and effective settings that foster learning
- The district will provide current instructional resources.
PARENT and COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- The district will partner with families, businesses and the community and promote their active engagement in the educational process.
LEADERSHIP and GOVERNANCE
- The school board will set student-focused policy and provide supportive leadership.
- The administration will facilitate a collaborative climate focused on student learning.
(how we will become the school in our vision)
HIGHLY QUALIFIED STAFF
- Develop and implement a pre-K to 12th grade at-risk plan through the use of an at-risk vertical team (student identification, plans for support, transition planning, etc...)
- Faculty will work with all students to set, monitor and achieve short term and long term goals.
- Provide opportunities to expose all students to college bound or career exploration experiences.
- Offer advanced and/or enrichment opportunities to students.
- Develop and implement a rigorous and relevant curriculum based on state and national standards.
FACILITY AND RESOURCES
- Provide on-going professional development for all faculty and staff members to build positive student relationships and implement best practices.
- Provide an effective mentor/advisor experience for new faculty.
- Provide a competitive salary schedule and benefits package for all faculty and staff.
PARENT AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Conduct an annual evaluation of facility and grounds to identify needs (survey and visual inspection)
- Formulate and implement a facility maintenance and improvement plan based on the results of the evaluation - quarterly review.
- Provide up-to-date resources that enhance curriculum and instruction.
- Develop and implement a financial plan to support facility/resource needs.
- Develop and implement a plan to gather community input from all stakeholders.
- Enhance and increase school district communication with all stakeholders.
- Involve and provide support for parents to be active participants in their children's education.
- Partner with community and businesses to promote post-secondary awareness.
- Establish parent involvement activities that engage parents to help support student achievement.
LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE
- Provide opportunities for all faculty and staff members to be meaningful participants in the decision-making process.
- Develop and implement the Professional Learning Community model.
- Encourage participation in training opportunities in effective board practices for board members.
- Require administrators to participate in professional development opportunities to achieve district and building goals.